To all students attending the Homecoming Dance
Here are a few reminders:
- All students will enter the Austin Avenue football field entrance.
- Concessions will be available for purchase. Bring small bills.
- No one will be allowed to enter after 8:00pm and leave before 9:00pm without parent permission.
- Dress weather-appropriate; temperatures at night will be cooler.
Stuff You Need to Know
Need service hours? There are lots of fun fall activities to be a part of over this long weekend!
- Volunteer at the Children’s Farm in Palos during their Pumpkin Playland days
- Help set up the pumpkin patch at the First United Methodist Church of Oak Lawn on Saturday
Information about these events and more volunteer opportunities are on the Service Learning calendar, which can be found on the Student Services Dept. webpage and/or through your Seminar Canvas course.
IMPORTANT Reminder – As Halloween approaches, haunted houses pop up in the area. Please be mindful that only a select few of these are approved for service hours – ALWAYS check with Mrs. Kenny first!
Homecoming 2021 - The dance is on! You have one last day to purchase a homecoming dance ticket. Student Council will be selling tickets on Thursday October 7 in the student cafe during all lunch periods. $20 per ticket. No tickets will be sold at the door.
Tech Help - If you’re having trouble logging into your classes or having any other tech issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for tech assistance. If possible, include a screen shot of your issue.
College Rep Visits
Representatives from the following schools will be visiting with Spartans this week:
Thursday, 10/7 – St. Xavier University, pd. 2 and Northern Michigan University, pd. 4/5
To attend a visit, please sign up to attend in Naviance. To do this:
1. Log into Naviance
2. Click on “Colleges” and “Colleges Home”
3. Scroll down to the bottom right, where you will see a list of college visits scheduled at OLCHS.
4. Select the visit you want to sign up for.
Registration will close one day before the start of the visit.
Alliance - In honor of National Coming Out Day, Alliance celebrates all who have come out as LGBTQ – that takes bravery, and we commend you. Every person who speaks up changes more hearts and minds and creates new advocates for equality. Please celebrate National Coming Out Day with us on Monday, October 11th. For more information, please visit https://www.hrc.org/resources/coming-out
Black Student Union – Come join the Black Student Union for our meeting Thursday 10/7 from 3PM to 3:45 in Room 202. New students are encouraged to attend! Email Ms. Greene at email@example.com with any questions.
MSA- If you are interested in MSA you can join anytime! MSA will meet this Thursday, October 7 at 3PM in the LITTLE THEATRE. Please come join us!