Stuff You Need to Know
For all second semester drivers education students, there will be an informational meeting on Monday December 3rd, you may come at 8-8:30. Am. Or from 3-3:30 pm. In room 281
All information must be picked up at one of these times. Please note information WILL NOT be mailed home. This information will include permit application materials. Students MUST have their permits on the first day of class.
Please see Mr. Panka in the drivers education office if you have questions, registration information will not be available sooner than Dec. 3rd.
SHOW YOUR SPARTAN PRIDE AND JOIN THE SCREAMER SECTION IN THE STANDS FOR FRIDAY NIGHT BASKETBALL. THIS FRIDAY NIGHT VS. BREMEN. WEAR YOUR FAVORITE SPORTS JERSEY. JV TIPS OFF AT 5:30 AND VARSITY TIPS OFF AT 7:00. SEE YOU IN THE STANDS!!
Need service hours? With the holiday season and cold weather comes many new and fun volunteer opportunities!
- Sertoma Centre is hosting a craft fair this weekend and still need lots of volunteers for setup both Friday and Saturday
- Operation Santa Claus is starting! Join this great committee and earn service hours while providing a great holiday for Spartan families
- Beds Plus shelters are now open for the winter season at various churches in the area
- The Children’s Museum of Oak Lawn is hosting the charity gift wrap station at Chicago Ridge Mall this year, and you can pick your shift online.
- Special Olympics Chicago needs help for their Snowshoe Competition next Saturday 12/8
For complete information about these opportunities and more, check the Service Learning calendar, accessible through your iTunes U Seminar course and/or the OLCHS webpage. As always, if you want to volunteer somewhere that is not pre-approved, please check with Mrs. Kenny first to make sure the hours will be accepted.
Seniors – reminder that the Service Learning deadline to be eligible for exam exemption is this Friday, 11/30/18!
Girls’ Badminton. If you are interested in playing badminton this spring, but missed the informational meeting Tuesday, please stop by room 212 to talk to Coach Zwirkoski and get the information.
Also – open gyms started this week. There is an open gym TODAY - Friday, November 30th from 5:45-7:45 in gym 10. Rackets will be provided. Hope to see you there.