Thursday, April 27, 2017
Stuff You Need to Know
Starting Monday April 24th, all students enrolled in summer school drivers education may pick up their permit application in office 227. You must provide your student ID to pick up the packet. All students must bring their permit with them to the first day of class which is Tuesday May 30th at 8am in room 281. If you have any questions, please email or visit Mr. Brandt in office 283 throughout the school day.
Any student who will be 15 years old by May 20th can still register for summer school Drivers Education. We currently have 20 seats still available. Please talk to your counselor if you are interested or have any questions. Class begins Tuesday May 30th at 8am in room 281.
Tomorrow is the LAST day to purchase your prom tickets for this year's prom “Forever Young” to be held Friday May 5th at Ashton Place. Tickets are $70.00 per person and can be purchased in the Main Office with cash or online via credit card using the online payment banner on the school’s website. The school will not accept personal checks from seniors. Students who purchase tickets online must pick-up their tickets in the Main Office.
Post-Prom Tickets to Navy Pier to cruise the Mystic Blue from 11pm-3am. Tickets are $30 per person. Sales run today-28th. FT permission form is available online. Tickets can be purchased online or in office 126, see Mrs. Malkowski. Cash or online via credit card using the payment banner on the school’s website.
Need service hours? Here is a list of opportunities available in the area over the next two weeks:
All info about these can be found on the SL calendar here: https://email@example.com&ctz=America/Chicago&pli=1
- Sertoma Centre is hosting their annual Super Sale fundraiser and needs helps setting up now through April 28. Weekdays after school until 7:00 pm and Saturday from 9-3.
- Westside Baseball needs help with field maintenance, available every Saturday morning across from the Pavilion through October.
- The VFW Stars Project is available most mornings before 1st period and during 11th period for those with early dismissal.
- The Chicagoland Pet Show needs help this weekend at the Pavilion; shifts available both Saturday 4/29 and Sunday 4/30. Email Mrs. Kenny at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for a shift.
- Saturday morning restoration projects are available through the Cook County Forest Preserve every Saturday.
- If you haven’t reached your maximum OLCHS hours – Girls soccer has a few dates they are looking for help: Thursday 4/27, Friday 4/28, Thursday 5/4, Monday 5/8, Tuesday 5/9
- Southwest Marathon and 10K – Sunday 5/7
SENIORS – the service learning deadline to qualify for final exam exemption is this Monday, May 1. The deadline to participate in the graduation ceremony is Thursday, May 11.
Congratulations to the Varsity Boy’s Tennis Team who were able to take down Shepard to start off their Conference Record at 1-0! 1st doubles Matt and Patrick stood their ground and even though struggled a bit in the 2nd set still managed to win in straight sets. Our 2nd doubles team of Aki and Viraj kept up their winning streak and handled the “Astro’s” without batting an eye, beating them in straight sets as well. Adam and Wadah of 3rd doubles brushed that dirt off their shoulders to come through with an easy victory to give the team its overall win.
Good luck to the boys as they take on their 2nd Conference Match of the year with Eisenhower today at home!