Oak Lawn Community High School District 229
Spring Sports Tryout Information and Procedures
Oak Lawn Community High School Athletics is excited to be able to offer spring sports for the 2020-2021 school year! Spring sports will begin tryouts in March.
Given the current guidance and restrictions on practices and competitions for the 2020-2021 spring season, ALL SPORTS will have limited roster spots available. Depending on tryout numbers, traditional “no-cut” sports may need to place a cap on the number of athletes that make the team. With this in mind, it is extremely important that all athletes have a current physical on file with the athletic office and have registered online prior to 12pm on the day of the tryout. Students that report to tryouts without registration or valid physical on file will be sent home.
Instructions on how to register on 8to18 can be found at this link.
Athletes should report to the following locations for screening and check-in for tryouts 15 minutes prior to the start time:
· Boys Soccer - Spartan Athletic Complex (SAC) Soccer Fields
· Football - Under the stadium bleachers
· Girls Volleyball - Spartan Lobby Entrance
· Sideline Cheerleading – North Drive Entrance (near Gym 101)
· Sideline Dance – Spartan Lobby Entrance
Sport specific tryout information:
· Boys Soccer: Monday, March 1st – Tuesday, March 2nd 3:30pm-5:30pm at the Spartan Athletic Complex (93rd St. and Kilbourn Ave. behind Christ Hospital) / Contact: Coach Joiner (firstname.lastname@example.org)
· Football: Wednesday, March 3rd – Friday, March 5th 3:30pm-5:30pm on the football field / Contact: Coach Blackmon (email@example.com)
· Girls Volleyball: Varsity (Juniors and Seniors): Monday, March 8th 3:00pm – 5:00pm & Tuesday, March 9th 5:00pm-7:00pm / JV (Sophomores): Monday, March 8th 3:00pm-5:00pm & Tuesday, March 9th 3:00pm-5:00pm / F/S (Freshman): Monday, March 8th 3:00pm-5:00pm & Tuesday, March 9th 6:30pm-8:30pm / Contact Coach Mueller (firstname.lastname@example.org)
· Sideline Cheerleading: Monday, March 15th – Tuesday, March 16th 3:00pm-4:30pm in Gym 101 / Contact Coach Vanderwarren (email@example.com)
· Sideline Dance: Wednesday, March 10th – Thursday, March 11th 6:00pm-8:00pm in the Dance Studio / Contact Coach Brandt (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Coach Young (email@example.com)
Health Screening Procedures:
Upon check-in, all athletes must show their completed Skyward Health Screening on their device. Temperatures will be taken. Any athletes with a temperature of 100.4°F or above, or a failed screening, will be sent home.
The following protocols will also need to be completed prior to check-in for tryouts.
· Athletes must have a current physical on file with the athletic office (dated within the last 13 months). Upon check-in, students will be checked for a valid physical. If they do not have a valid physical on file, they will be sent home. Physical forms can be downloaded at this link or from www.olchsathletics.com under the “Files & Links” section.
· Athletes must have registered online for the sport. The registration is available on our athletic web site www.olchsathletics.com under the announcements section, and also at https://oaklawncommunityhs.8to18.com/. Athletes will be checked for completed registration at check-in. If a parent has not registered the athlete prior to 12pm on the day of the tryout, they will be sent home.
Additional tryout information:
· All athletes must come with a facial covering that will be worn at all times unless instructed by the coach that it is safe to remove. Masks must be worn for entry into all tryouts.
· Locker rooms will not be available. All athletes must come to practice prepared.
· Athletes need to bring their own water bottle, shoes, towels, and other personal equipment. The sharing of these items is prohibited.
If you have any questions, please reach out to the athletic office staff.
Jeremey Cryan - Athletic Director
firstname.lastname@example.org - (708) 741-5623
Jeannine McFee - Athletic Secretary
email@example.com - (708) 741-5624