Welcome back Spartan Students!
Tomorrow (Thursday, August 20th) is the first day of school! While we won’t be able to have our traditional Opening Day celebration with balloons and the green carpet, I hope that you are just as excited as I am about getting back into a routine and meeting all of your teachers.
Here are a few important announcements:
- CHARGE THAT IPAD!!!
- Thursday and Friday will be virtual orientation days. All work is self-paced, and there are no live-streaming of any classes yet. Here is what you need to do over the two days:
- You need to login to the Canvas app on your iPad. Instructions were sent home via mail last Friday. They are also attached to this email. There is no more Showbie or iTunesU or Google Classroom- all materials for your learning will now be in Canvas!
- Complete the “Passport to Canvas” course in Canvas.
- Complete the “Spartans Can Do It: How to be a Remote Learner” course in Canvas.
- Visit each of your teachers’ courses in Canvas and complete the getting-to-know you and introductory activities they have posted.
- We will have iPad assistance outside the Spartan Gym on Thursday, August 20 from 12 - 2 pm and Friday, August 21 from 9 - 10:30 am. Tech help will be available for resetting passwords, downloading apps or replacing damaged iPads. If you have a damaged or broken iPad, please email iPadsupport@olchs.orgbefore you come to campus so that we have one ready to replace for you.
- On Monday we begin our remote learning schedule. Here is what that schedule looks like. I will send you an email on Sunday that outlines the expectations for remote learning.
5. Unlike our Spring Remote Learning, teachers will take attendance at each virtual session. You will NOT sign-in to Skyward for attendance. You MUST log on to your teachers’ Webex meetings on Monday. They will post their links in Canvas.
6. Students in certain courses will need to visit campus next week to pick up textbooks and other materials like art supplies. Details will be sent directly to students using your school email.
“See you” all virtually soon!