Transition to Full Remote Learning Message 11/13/2020
OLCHS Reopening Plan
OLCHS Reopening FAQ & Information
COVID-19 Weekly Numbers OLCHS
Daily Calendar (Who Should Attend Classes on Campus?)
Blended Learning Presentation
Entrance: Student entrances will depend on the time and purpose. See below:
- Attending School - Doors open at 8:15 AM. Enter through assigned entrance (Spartan Lobby, North Drive, West Cafeteria Doors)
- Attending Extracurriculars After School - Enter through the Spartan Lobby
- Coming Late to School or Visiting - Enter through the Southwest Highway Visitor Entrance, door 7.
Screening: All student must complete the Skyward Wellness Screener before coming on campus. Students will be asked to show that their Wellness Screening has been completed on their iPad or phone and they will have their temperature checked prior to entering the building. Please view the Covid-19 Precautions for more information.
Visitor Information (Appointment Required)
Time: 7:30am - 3:30pm
Entrance: All visitors must enter through the Southwest Highway Visitor Entrance, door 7.
Screening: All visitors will be asked to answer the Symptom Questions. Visitors will have their temperatures checked before being allowed to enter the building.
OLCHS Free Meal Distribution Plan
Student Supports and Community Counseling
OLCHS Student Services Department Resources
Community Support for Bills or Food
Commonwealth Edison Support
Illinois Department of Human Services - Call4Calm
- Individuals who want to speak to a mental health professional can text "TALK" or "HABLAR" to 552-020. Within 24 hours, that individual will receive a call from a mental health professional employed by a local community health center.
- People can also text "unemployment" or "food" or "shelter" to the same number to receive information on how to navigate or access supports and services.
Pillars Community Health Resources during COVID-19 Crisis
- Confidential 24-hour Sexual Assault Hotline (708.482.9600)
- Confidential 24-hour Domestic Violence Hotline (708.485.5254)
- Free telephone counseling, legal advocacy, undisclosed violence shelter and all services available in English, Spanish & Arabic.
GUIDELINES FOR PREVENTING THE SPREAD OF GERMS
The IDPH recommends the best way to protect against Coronavirus is by taking these precautions:
- Washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick.
- Staying home when you are sick.
- Covering your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces.
The most accurate and up-to-date resource for COVID-19 information is the IDPH website. Their “What You Need to Know” document can be found here.
In addition, the IDPH is prepared to answer your questions about COVID-19. Families can call the hotline at (800) 889-3931 or email DPH.SICK@ILLINOIS.GOV.
OLCHS administration will continue to closely monitor this situation and keep you updated. Thank you for your support in helping keep our school community healthy and safe.