Attendance Office 24 Hour Voicemail: (708) 741-5860
Attendance Office Email: email@example.com
When a student is going to be absent, tardy or must leave early, the parent/guardian must call the attendance office on the day of the absence by 10am (if the student did not turn in a completed prearranged absence form). Failure to report an absence may result in truancy and discipline. The following information is needed:
1.Name of person calling & relationship to the student
3.Student’s ID number
4.Reason for absence
- If the student knows about an absence/tardy/early sign out in advance, they must complete and return a prearranged absence form to the deans’ office 122 before the date of their absence.
- Students arriving after 5 minutes of their first class of the day, must sign in at the attendance window.
- Students who must leave early, must sign out at the attendance window.
- Failure to follow proper procedures may result in discipline.
- Per the student-parent handbook: the following absences/tardies are considered:
- Excused examples include:
- personal illness or other physical disablement,
- serious illness or death in the student's immediate family,
- home emergency (fire, flood, etc.),
- religious holidays (with the pre-arranged absence form),
- mandatory court appearances (with the pre-arranged absence form), and
- other situations beyond the control of the student as determined by the judgment of the deans’ office.
- Unexcused examples include:
- missed bus,
- staying home or skipping a class to do work for another class,
- failure to report absences according to the established procedure,
- unverifiable car trouble,
- unfavorable weather conditions,
- babysitting family members and
- excessive calls/emails.