Oak Lawn Community High School Athletics, in accordance with the IHSA, is excited to be able to offer Girls Tennis, Cross Country, Golf, and Girls Swim and Dive in our fall sports program for the 2020-2021 school year! All fall sports will begin tryouts on Monday, August 17th.
Given the current guidance and restrictions on practices and competitions for the 2020-2021 fall season, ALL SPORTS will have limited roster spots available. Depending on tryout numbers, traditional “no-cut” sports may need to place a cap on the number of athletes that make the team. All sports will be fielding a Varsity and Junior Varsity level. With this in mind, it is extremely important that all athletes have a valid physical on file with the athletic office and have registered online prior to Monday the 17th (see information below). Students that report to tryouts without registration or valid physical on file will be sent home.
Athletes should report to the following locations for screening and check-in for tryouts:
- Girls Swim and Dive - Door 11 (Swim/Auditorium Gym Hallway/NO SPARTAN LOBBY ACCESS)
- Girls Tennis - North Drive entry behind bleachers off Austin Ave.
- Cross Country - North Drive entry behind bleachers off Austin Ave.
- Golf - Parking lot by clubhouse at Stoney Creek Golf Course
Sport specific tryout information:
- Golf: Monday, August 17th - Wednesday, August 19th - 3:15pm at Stoney Creek Golf Course 5850 W. 103rd St. Contact: Coach Mayer (email@example.com)
- Girls Swim and Dive: Monday August 17th - Friday, August 21st - Dive 6:00am and Swim 3:20pm Contact: Coach Maciaga (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Cross Country: Monday August 17th - Friday, August 21st - 3:20pm Contact: Boys Coach Montes (email@example.com) Girls Coach Szala (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Girls Tennis: Monday, August 17th - Tuesday, August 18th - 3:30pm Contact: Coach Zavala (email@example.com)
Health Screening Procedures:
Upon check-in, all athletes will complete COVID-19 screening. Temperatures will be taken and athletes will be asked the following questions. Screening should start at home. If the student answers yes to any of the questions, they will not be allowed to take part in the tryout and sent home.
- Fever, cough, chills, and/or muscle aches.
- Sore throat, runny nose, and/or loss of taste or smell.
- Nausea, vomiting, and/or diarrhea.
- Shortness of breath and/or headache.
- Close contact, or cared for someone with COVID-19.
- Temperature higher than 100.4°F.
The following protocols will also need to be completed prior to check-in for tryouts:
- Athletes must have a current physical on file with the athletic office (dated within the last 13 months). Upon check-in, students will be checked for valid physical. If they do not have a valid physical, they will be sent home. Physical forms can be downloaded at this link or from www.olchsathletics.com under the “Files & Links” section.
- Athletes must have registered online for the sport. The registration is available on our athletic web site www.olchsathletics.com under the announcements section, and also at https://oaklawncommunityhs.8to18.com/. Athletes will be checked for completed registration at check-in. If a parent has not registered the athlete prior to the tryout, they will be sent home.
Additional tryout information:
- All athletes must come with a facial covering that will be worn at all times unless instructed by the coach that it is safe to remove. Whether indoors or outdoors, masks must be worn for entry into tryouts.
- Locker rooms will not be available. All athletes must come to practice prepared.
- Athletes need to bring their own water bottle, shoes, towels, and other personal equipment. The sharing of these items is prohibited.
If you have any questions, please reach out to the athletic office staff.
Jeremey Cryan - Athletic Director
firstname.lastname@example.org - (708) 741-5623
Darla DeHaan - Athletic Secretary
email@example.com - (708) 741-5624