- Oak Lawn Community High School is fully accredited by the Illinois State Board of Education. Of the experienced faculty of 118 certified staff members, 107 have master's degree or beyond.
- In 2017, Oak Lawn Community High School was named an Apple Distinguished School. Apple defines a distinguished school as one who's leaders, faculty, and the extended community have a clear vision for how their technology-rich environments support learning goals. School leaders have established elements for continuous innovation that include culture, team, capacity, community, finance, and measurement. Supporting their school’s vision is an ongoing process that requires thoughtful planning, practice, and improvement along the way. They use iPad and Mac products to inspire student creativity, collaboration, and critical thinking. And they cultivate environments in which students are excited and curious about learning.
- In 2019, Apple recognized two Oak Lawn Community High School staff members as Apple Distinguished Educators. In 1994, Apple created the Apple Distinguished Educators (ADE) program to recognize K–12 and higher-education pioneers who are using Apple technology to transform teaching and learning. These are the educators who are looking to change the world. They are active leaders from around the world helping other educators rethink what’s possible with iPad and Mac to make learning deeply personal for every student.
- In 2017 and 2018, Oak Lawn Community High School was recognized by US News and World Reports as one of America's Best High Schools.
- Oak Lawn Community High School offers 15 different AP level courses. Between 2017 and 2019 the number of students taking AP tests more than doubled and the total number of exams administered grew by over 60%.
|AP Language & Composition
||AP Literature & Composition
||AP Spanish Language
|AP Computer Science
|AP Physics Chem/Mech
||AP World History
|AP United States History
||AP Government and Politics
|AP Micro Economics
||AP Macro Economics
||AP Computer Science Principles
- Oak Lawn Community High School offers 21 honors courses in addition to the AP course selections.
||Music & Composition
||Applied Music Theory
||Heritage Spanish I
||Heritage Spanish II
For more information please review these additional Points of #olchspride!
School Report Card