Friday, April 28, 2017
Stuff You Need to Know
If you are enrolled in summer school DE and have not yet picked up your permit packet from office 227, please do so soon. All students need to bring their permit with them to the first day of class. The department still has seats open for the upcoming session summer session, so if you are going to be 15 years old by May 15th and want to enroll, please see your counselor or talk to any DE staff member in office 283 for information.
TODAY is the LAST day to purchase your prom tickets for this year's prom “Forever Young” to be held Friday May 5th at Ashton Place. Tickets are $70.00 per person and can be purchased in the Main Office with cash or online via credit card using the online payment banner on the school’s website. The school will not accept personal checks from seniors. Students who purchase tickets online must pick-up their tickets in the Main Office.
Post-Prom Tickets to Navy Pier to cruise the Mystic Blue from 11pm-3am. Tickets are $30 per person. Sales run today-28th. FT permission form is available online. Tickets can be purchased online or in office 126, see Mrs. Malkowski. Cash or online via credit card using the payment banner on the school’s website.
Need service hours? Here is a list of opportunities available in the area over the next two weeks:
All info about these can be found on the SL calendar here: https://firstname.lastname@example.org&ctz=America/Chicago&pli=1
- Sertoma Centre is hosting their annual Super Sale fundraiser and needs helps setting up now through April 28. Weekdays after school until 7:00 pm and Saturday from 9-3.
- Westside Baseball needs help with field maintenance, available every Saturday morning across from the Pavilion through October.
- The VFW Stars Project is available most mornings before 1st period and during 11th period for those with early dismissal.
- The Chicagoland Pet Show needs help this weekend at the Pavilion; shifts available both Saturday 4/29 and Sunday 4/30. Email Mrs. Kenny at email@example.com to sign up for a shift.
- Saturday morning restoration projects are available through the Cook County Forest Preserve every Saturday.
- If you haven’t reached your maximum OLCHS hours – Girls soccer has a few dates they are looking for help: Thursday 4/27, Friday 4/28, Thursday 5/4, Monday 5/8, Tuesday 5/9
- Southwest Marathon and 10K – Sunday 5/7
Seniors! Reminder of important scholarship deadlines:
TODAY is Mrs. Kenny’s mailing deadline for the Stephanie Joseph Memorial Scholarship. TODAY is also the deadline for the Karen Janecek Scholarship.
Congratulations on yet another win for the JV Boys Tennis team! The dominating win yesterday at home took place over an always tough to beat school, Eisenhower HS. A special shout out to winners: 1st and 2nd singles, Issa Arabi and Ricardo Cortes and 1st and 3rd doubles Michal Malek, Jake Luzadder, Ahmed Sharfi, and Krystzof Ptak. The JV Boys tennis team maintains their undefeated record of 10-0 and 2-0 in conference. Keep it up boys!
Football.OL Football has a returning player/parent meeting on Wednesday, May 3rd at 630 in the LT
OL Football is looking for managers for the upcoming season. See Coach Novak if you’re interested.