As part of our annual Winter Weather Preparedness, Oak Lawn Community High School would like to take this opportunity to remind students, parents, and staff members of the communication channels used by District 229 to notify the school-community should it become necessary to cancel school, alter the bell schedule, or modify after-hour events due to inclement weather.
[Listed in the sequential order]
1. OLCHS Social Media Pages. Posts will be made to the school’s Facebook Page (www.facebook.com/OLCHS.Spartans), Twitter Page (@OLCHSNews), and Instagram Page (OLCHS) with condensed information and a link to the OLCHS website for detailed information.
2. OLCHS District 229 Website. A news feature will be posted to the school’s website (www.olchs.org) with detailed information.
3. Skyward Skylert/SchoolMessenger. A message will be sent to Parents/Staff members via a telephone call, email, and/or text message through the Skyward Skylert/SchoolMessenger communication system. The phone numbers, email addresses, and text numbers are from the information listed in the Parent’s Skylert section of their Skyward Family Access account.
4. Emergency Closing Center. The district will post closures on the Emergency Closing Center website, www.emergencyclosings.com.
5. Radio/TV. The district will sharing school closings with the following stations:
o Radio: WGN 720AM and WBBM 780AM/105.9FM
o TV: CBS – Channel 2; NBC – Channel 5; ABC – Channel 7; WGN – Channel 9; Fox – Channel 32; CLTV News.
Although every effort is made to announce school/event cancellations and modified bell schedules as early as possible, later notification may be necessary. Please refer to the OLCHS website or Facebook page for the most recent information.