Credits at the time of the induction:
- Received his doctorate in chemistry from the University of California at Berkeley.
- Currently is a Professor of Chemistry at Indiana University-Purdue University, Indianapolis.
- Has published nearly 200 research articles and authored three textbooks in chemistry.
- Organized a NATO Advanced Research Workshop.
- Served on review panels for the Air Force Office of Scientific Research, the National Institutes of Health, and the National Science Foundation.
- Has given lectures at a number of international scientific conferences and at numerous college and university chemistry departments.
- Editor of an international journal in chemistry – Theochem, and has been selected for editorial boards of two other journals – Chemical Physical Letters and Theoretical Chemistry Accounts.
- Who's Who in America.
Class of 1969 Valedictorian
Induction Date: September 29, 2000