Oak Lawn Community High School exists to…
- inspire, challenge, and empower students and staff in a safe, supportive environment
- maximize individual potential through academic and personal growth
- graduate students who attain the high standards set forth by our community.
We envision a school that provides each student with challenging opportunities in a culture where creativity, respect, and an authentic enthusiasm for learning exist, one where all strive to be responsible, motivated citizens of strong character, one that embraces a strong partnership with our diverse communities, and one that promotes a passionate commitment to Spartan Pride.
Statement of Values
- Uphold high expectations.
- Demand a safe, supportive, respectful environment for self and others.
- Expect honesty, integrity, pride, responsibility, and compassion.
- Foster positive student, staff, family and community relationships.
- Appreciate, respect, and celebrate diversity.
- Instill critical thinking, problem solving, and effective communication skills.
- Nurture appreciation for creativity and the arts.
- Support extracurricular activities.
- Emphasize the connection between education and future success.
- Commit all available resources to achieve the mission.